Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Dg_Script question about remote in-game activation

More
15 May 2020 19:26 #8711 by Sapphire
I'm trying to figure out if this is even possible and I suspect it is not. I am reaching out in the hopes that someone else knows of a way or can think outside of the box I have found myself in.

My builders are requesting a way in which a mobile can remotely activate the mhunt utility if a player does something in another room. An example might be: A PC opens a door in Room A, and Mob 1 and 2 in Room B and Room C are suddenly set to hunt that player. This of course would also necessitate a check to ensure that Mob 1 and 2 are currently loaded, but the main thing I am trying to figure out is how to even get a mob to recognize something in another room via Dg_Scripts.

Any help is appreciated!
Sapphire

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 May 2020 22:43 - 15 May 2020 22:48 #8712 by Papaya Pete
Without looking at the scripting commands.... I would have a room trigger that would send an echo to a room where your executioner mob is located. Exec mob would have his trigger set off on said echo text, teleport to the room or use %at%, and find the player in the room and set him as mhunt target. Have mob teleport back to starting room.

That is, at a glance, how I would approach a goal like that. Will it work exactly as expected? Not sure. If you are still stumped, let me know and I can give it a shot.

If you have a group in the room, the room trigger can toss a variable on the player. The mobs doing the hunt can then search through the room for someone with that variable and target that person.
Last edit: 15 May 2020 22:48 by Papaya Pete.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds