Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Will this snippet work as is with tba ?

More
08 Apr 2016 22:32 #5741 by JTP
Ok thanks alot..usually when people use "" its not a good thing haha

Just finished redoing all the send_to_char in Clan.c

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2016 23:04 - 08 Apr 2016 23:06 #5742 by JTP
From the snippet:
Code:
in Makefile: OBJFILES list, add clan.o CXREF_FILES list, add clan.c clan.o : clan.c conf.h sysdep.h structs.h utils.h comm.h db.h interpreter.h handler.h screen.h $(CC) -c $(CFLAGS) clan.c

In tba, would that just be:
Code:
clan.o : clan.c conf.h sysdep.h structs.h utils.h comm.h db.h interpreter.h handler.h screen.h

I depend ??

Or will i need to do more ?
Last edit: 08 Apr 2016 23:06 by JTP.

More
09 Apr 2016 09:19 #5743 by thomas
You don't actually need to change the Makefile anymore. It autodetects all *.c files and creates a new depend file for you if you compile with "make clean", then "make" as usual.

More
09 Apr 2016 12:31 #5745 by JTP
Bunch of errors:
Code:
clan.c: In function ‘do_clan’: clan.c:96: error: too few arguments to function ‘get_char_room_vis’ clan.c: In function ‘do_clan_who’: clan.c:143: error: ‘buf’ undeclared (first use in this function) clan.c:143: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once clan.c:143: error: for each function it appears in.) clan.c:145: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘send_to_char’ from incompatible pointer type clan.c:157: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘send_to_char’ from incompatible pointer type clan.c: In function ‘do_clan_tell’: clan.c:183: error: ‘buf’ undeclared (first use in this function) clan.c:189: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘send_to_char’ from incompatible pointer type clan.c:196: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘send_to_char’ from incompatible pointer type clan.c: In function ‘do_assign’: clan.c:303: error: too few arguments to function ‘get_char_room_vis’ clan.c:320: error: ‘buf’ undeclared (first use in this function) clan.c:321: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘send_to_char’ from incompatible pointer type make[1]: *** [clan.o] Error 1

Also problems in the parts from act.informative.c and act.wizard.c, but i remmed them out to get this far.

So whats wrong ?

More
06 May 2016 12:23 #5842 by rudeboyrave
what you need to do for these easy errors is define what a buf is. here is an example of what you need to do for any buf errors you get similar to these.
Code:
ACMD(do_whatever) { + char buf[MAX_STRING_LENGTH];

for your send_to_char error... just look at any other send_to_char in your code and see what is different.. my guess is that the ch is in the wrong spot?

CyberASSAULT
www.cyberassault.org
cyberassault.org 11111
A post-apocalyptic, sci-fi MUD.

More
06 May 2016 12:36 - 06 May 2016 12:51 #5843 by JTP
I moved all the ch to send_to_char(ch, "
So its not that.

Alot of errors in that patch, also the to few arguments: if ( !(victim = get_char_room_vis( ch, arg2 )))

Definately not a clean patch haha
Last edit: 06 May 2016 12:51 by JTP.

Time to create page: 0.225 seconds