Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Percent patch

More
22 Feb 2015 07:02 #5233 by cosine_omerta
Percent patch was created by cosine_omerta
Hey folks. I recently went to add the percent.patch and realized that the patch doesn't include any modifications to db.c or db.h which makes the patch not really work. I made a patch of my completed changes to get the percentage loads to work, save, and load properly, but I also modified what commands are affected (just MOEGP, nothing to do with triggers or variables) and the percent the load will happen, instead of the percent it won't happen.

I'd love to submit it, but wondered if it would be preferable to just add the changes to db.c and db.h, or my entire patch, which I diff'd with tbaMUD 3.66?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Mar 2015 13:53 - 06 Mar 2015 13:57 #5244 by cunning
Replied by cunning on topic Percent patch
You have many files to update. You correct in your assumption in db.c that load_zone() will need updated, and so will reset_zone().

You will also need to update zedit, oedit, medit, and trigedit off the top of my head.
Several Header files will need updating, db.h, oasis.h and so on.

This is a very basic patch with several variations out on the legacy circlemud.org site, and i am sure there is one or 2 here. If not I know i have it saved somewhere.

Matter of fact, i will just create a patch file and upload it. If Rumble wants to add it to the next release great, if not, this is really not needed for a BASE code.
Last edit: 06 Mar 2015 13:57 by cunning. Reason: added additonal text

More
09 Mar 2015 23:31 #5246 by cosine_omerta
Replied by cosine_omerta on topic Percent patch
Many of those files are already handled by the existing patch. Only zedit(out of those files) needs to be modified as the zone commands handle the percentage of the load.

I just noticed the existing patch left out some key parts, and wanted to update it so that it would work for folks. Didn't know if an entirely new patch was the way to go or just to add to the existing one.

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds