Welcome to the Builder Academy

Loved New OLC Craft System

More
24 Feb 2018 16:46 #7626 by Vatiken
Replied by Vatiken on topic Re: New OLC Craft System
Although I'm sure there is a bug or two somewhere, the system was stable. To my knowledge only 1 person reported a crash and it was on a Windows machine and may not have been related to the craft system at all.

I had built it for tbaMUD and then used it in my own MUD extensively and never had any issues.

While the code is 5 years old now it should still be a pretty simple patch into stock tba.

tbaMUD developer/programmer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Feb 2018 00:09 #7629 by Sascha
Replied by Sascha on topic Re: New OLC Craft System
Thanks for the fast reply! I'm going to go over this carefully and then see if I can get it running, for my next addition for After the Breaking.

Will you stand against the coming Storm? After the Breaking: STORMRIDERS MUD - atbmud.dune.net port 4000

More
19 Mar 2018 04:16 - 19 Mar 2018 05:50 #7716 by Papaya Pete
Regarding the crafting system crashing, it happened to me when I was using Cygwin on a Windows 7 machine. What added to the problem was not finding a way to read the stackdump file, since it was not creating a normal/proper one.

In the end I think it likely was due to a missing lib or just some oddness with Cygwin. Everything looked good, no one had any issues, so likely just a fault of mine (shock and horror, me making a mistake?!!?!?!?!?). Honestly, I would trust using it if it was something you're interested in putting into your mud.

I like the idea; crafting is probably one of the best ways to draw me into a game. However, for the story/game I had in mind, crafting probably was not one of the best ideas and can easily be exploited if not done properly.

By the way, [strike]what's your mud about and[/strike] how's it coming along?
Last edit: 19 Mar 2018 05:50 by Papaya Pete.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chime

More
19 Mar 2018 19:59 #7723 by Chime
Replied by Chime on topic New OLC Craft System
Installed today and it worked right off the bat. Thank you so much for releasing it.

More
19 Mar 2018 22:28 #7727 by JTP
Replied by JTP on topic New OLC Craft System
Chime..where did you find that olc craft ?

More
19 Mar 2018 23:41 #7730 by Chime
Replied by Chime on topic New OLC Craft System
Here, from the Downloads section of the site (link goes straight to his crafting system):
drive.google.com/open?id=0B40XbRH2Qbx5cmdxR3RoaFR4dDA

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds