Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Advance error with tbamud2020

More
04 Aug 2022 15:14 #10117 by Errigour
Hey anyone know why the program is closing with this error when i advance someone to immortality or from immortality to mortal:
Code:
Program received signal SIGUSR1, User defined signal 1. 0x00007ffff7e5e1e7 in select () from /lib64/libc.so.6

Thats gdb output, im working on installing the correct packages to make it give better output but until then why would that happen when advancing people to immortal levels?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Aug 2022 15:25 #10118 by Errigour
It seems to work it just crashes after i advance someone to or from lvl 31 or higher. and it happens after the prompt is displayed when I type the command. so I type advance 31 player then it advances and displays my prompt and crashes.

More
04 Aug 2022 15:37 #10119 by Errigour
Weird it didn't happen this time. I don't know what i did but it is letting me now.

More
04 Aug 2022 18:10 #10120 by Errigour
Also i guess ill say it here but the hitroll modifier on weapons doesnt add to player hitroll when wielded. Not the apply one but the one that you enter when changing damage dice. What is up with that anyone know.?

More
05 Aug 2022 21:28 #10121 by thomas

Weird it didn't happen this time. I don't know what i did but it is letting me now.

The SIGUSR1 is used by the autowiz system; when a character is raised to immortal, the mud calls out to a separate program about updating the list. Then that program calls back to the mud with a SIGUSR1 to trigger the mud reloading the wizlist file.

This isn't code that has changed in a really long time, so it's surprising if that code is problematic. However, the rereading of wizlists involves freeing and reallocating memory, opening, closing and reading a file, updating pointers, etc.
This means there's a lot of changes happening which may fail - perhaps due to other things that have changed over the last ten years. I suggest looking elsewhere in the stack trace to see what is failing. This will make it easier to find out what the problem really is.

...Not the apply one but the one that you enter when changing damage dice...

That one is read directly from the weapon when trying to hit.

More
05 Aug 2022 23:14 #10122 by Errigour
Ok maybe it was just a gdb error idk.

Time to create page: 0.273 seconds