Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Add/Replace Items in a Shop

More
20 Jan 2022 03:22 #9975 by jandulio
I am having trouble adding, or even replacing items in shops.  When I add an item, it doesn't show up, and when I replace an item, it ends up showing the same item that was there before, but with a (1) quantity instead of Unlimited.  I am not going over 4 items in a shop.

There seems to be some magic with shopkeepers that I am having trouble tracking down.

How does one go about adding/replacing an item in a shop?

To try it yourself, open up lib/world/shp/30.shp and replace the first item (3050) in the first shop (#3000) with any other item.  I tried an item I created, along with something like the bronze plate (3046) and no go.

Thanks for looking!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jan 2022 03:50 #9976 by jandulio
After doing a search on the web, it sounds like the shopkeepers auto-create "native" items. Adding non-native items is not trivial.

I guess I'll just have to add them as a drop. If anyone else has any ideas they would be appreciated.

More
20 Jan 2022 03:53 #9977 by Parnassus
Welcome to the forums. I remember having problems with shops also. Have you checked out: help sedit-mistakes and the other sedit help files?

I'd like to note that sedit-mistakes does not mention a small problem that can lead to difficulties later. It's best to sell items from the shop's zone. I've often seen builders use other zone's items because it seems easier However, if the item has limits in its own zone you may find odd things happening in resets.

Good luck with your building.

More
20 Jan 2022 04:05 #9978 by jandulio
Thanks for the info. I'm on windows... is there somewhere I can find sedit-mistakes? Sounds like a linux command if I'm not mistaken.

I just tried adding items from a different zone without avail. This probably just isn't in the cards for me.

@ Parnassus Do you have any other suggestions to allow players access to my new items (they are mana potions).

More
20 Jan 2022 09:20 #9979 by jandulio
Looks like I can add a new shop with shopkeeper, I'll do that. Sorry, VERY new to CircleMUD (like a couple days). Thanks again for your help.

More
20 Jan 2022 23:31 #9980 by thomas
Replied by thomas on topic Add/Replace Items in a Shop
the help command works on tba :)

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds