Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question %actor.level%

More
03 Sep 2022 19:08 #10146 by aegon
%actor.level% was created by aegon
is there an actor descriptor for admin level?  if i stat my imm, i see an Admlvl of 6, but i can't seem to figure out if there is an associated data descriptor in %actor.<fields>%

anyone know?

i'd like to limit trigger use to AVTR+ admin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Sep 2022 10:11 #10147 by thomas
Replied by thomas on topic %actor.level%
I can't seem to find this mentioned in the code ( github.com/tbamud/tbamud/search?q=admin , github.com/tbamud/tbamud/search?q=admlvl ).

Could it be something you added yourself? In that case, you'll need to add it to dg_variables.c, too.

More
05 Sep 2022 19:34 #10148 by aegon
Replied by aegon on topic %actor.level%
you know it's funny. i see the mention of admin levels in the help docs. and it's supported in stat. right, like take a look at the advance command. you advance to 30, then you advance admin 4, say to get to GRDN or whatever. stat shows as level 30 admlvl 4

so yeah, it's in the core game. but thanks for the advice on getting whatever it is passed thru to dg_vars

More
05 Sep 2022 20:42 #10149 by thomas
Replied by thomas on topic %actor.level%
Well, I'd like for you to point it out in the code - after all, what do I know? I've only maintained it for 15 years.

I'd have thought you'd find it here: github.com/tbamud/tbamud/blob/master/src/act.wizard.c#L788 After all, this is where the numeric level is written when you _stat_ a character.

Now, if it turns out you're using cwg, you may be right; I've never spent a lot of time on that.

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds