Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Import Zones

More
09 May 2022 15:51 #10053 by Nero
Import Zones was created by Nero
Is there not an easy way to import zones from tbaMUD's world files/stock zones into my own game by dragging and dropping the folders or do I have to put them in manually?
Or what is the easiest process to do this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2022 21:33 #10055 by thomas
Replied by thomas on topic Import Zones
It depends a bit - generally, the files are in different subdirectories. This means that to move zone 30, you'll have to move all of the files with the name 30.something AND add those files to the index files in each subdirectory.

Of course, this isn't everything, either. Once the files are in the correct subdirs and indexfiles and thus loaded by the db handler, you'll need to connect the zones correctly, making doors/paths to the correct connection rooms using redit.

There's simply no easier way, using flatfiles. We might consider restructuring to another format (for instance a /zones/30/<all files for the zone here> structure), as that would probably be more easily swapped out and understood by the implementors. After all, back when the other system was made, there were fewer files per zone. But there's the matter of backwards compatibility to consider, so I don't think we'll be doing that.

More
20 Jul 2022 22:32 #10103 by cunning
Replied by cunning on topic Import Zones
I agree with Thomas, if it were me, i would load up TBA then export using your database format. Otherwise there is no gaurantee it will work.

Time to create page: 0.235 seconds