Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question IDXTYPE - unsigned short int

More
30 Apr 2020 13:09 #8659 by cunning
I saw where Thomas was experimenting with changing this from unsigned short integer to unsigned interger.

I started to test and get to 2^31 - 1 bits. For me that works. Only a few minor updates in db.c and a few on structs.h

So far on my active dev port, I've now had to account for any NOWHERE value stored in player files. Easy enough, just had to find 65535 and replace with 2^32 -1

But so far so good

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 May 2020 12:35 #8702 by cunning
I have this working. There are a few issues. Depending on platform, such as mine Ubuntu 20.04 LTS - UINT_MAX - resolves to -1 when 2^32. It is defined correctly in Limits.h but C library limits.h has it where it resolves to -1. I got around this by #undef UINT_MAX in structs.h and then defining to its correct value. This now fixes that issue in the code.

I also see where obj->worn_on i had as short_int, and changed it to integer.

I also removed the DB check in index_boot for if (nr > 99999) continue; that blocks any large zones/object/mobile/room etc etc.

I can work with Thomas to show him what I did, but after reviewing all and running in GDB - Mem debug i found no issues all databases save out, and load.

I also use Mysql for the player database and index and no issues there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lacrc

More
13 May 2020 17:23 #8706 by thomas
Replied by thomas on topic IDXTYPE - unsigned short int
Sounds good. I've made a github issue for this and was thinking of creating a branch tomorrow night (CET).

More
13 May 2020 19:56 #8707 by cunning
I dumped the patch inside where your tracking.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thomas

More
26 Mar 2023 18:26 #10274 by Bomber
Replied by Bomber on topic IDXTYPE - unsigned short int
Is the patch for this still available somewhere?

More
26 Mar 2023 21:22 - 26 Mar 2023 21:24 #10275 by thomas
Replied by thomas on topic IDXTYPE - unsigned short int
Well, apparently, github.com/tbamud/tbamud/issues/90 is empty and still open. That's where I'd expect to find it...
...but here:  www.tbamud.com/forum/4-development/4546-zone-instancing#8632 - this looks like it..
Last edit: 26 Mar 2023 21:24 by thomas.

Time to create page: 0.403 seconds