Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Bugs ...Report and help Fix

More
16 Jan 2013 04:20 #1353 by Nerian
Hah that worked perfectly....now I won't be worried about abusers trying to restat when levelling up and such...

thanks much

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jan 2013 03:35 #1362 by Nerian
Ok guys I have another bug and after wracking my braid and trying a few different things I can't seem to figure it out

in Gickers you are supposed to see something along the lines of

A male Silvanesti Elf with a single, long braid is here.

instead it only shows

with a single, long braid is here.

I think I have found the code in char_descs.c shown below

Lost Lands is a fantasy mud and doesn't need the RACE_TYPE_DROID from star wars if it needs to be taken out...

if I am looking in the completely wrong area somebody please let me know

I'm hoping my understanding is correct

this top portion is supposed to set the gender, the second line is supposed to add nothing if it's a droid and a space if it's not, and the third line is supposed to actually put the race

then in the switch below the desc set is called and then the particular description?

somebody please let me know if my thinking is correct in my analysis of this code
Code:
sprintf(desc, "a %s%s%s", race_list[GET_REAL_RACE(ch)].family == RACE_TYPE_DROID ? "" : genders[(int) sex], race_list[GET_REAL_RACE(ch)].family == RACE_TYPE_DROID ? "" : " ", pc_race_types[(int) race]); switch (pcd1) { case FEATURE_TYPE_EYES: sprintf(desc, "%s with %s eyes", desc, eye_descriptions[pca1]); break; case FEATURE_TYPE_NOSE: sprintf(desc, "%s with %s %s nose", desc, AN(nose_descriptions[pca1]), nose_descriptions[pca1]); break; case FEATURE_TYPE_EARS: sprintf(desc, "%s with %s ears", desc, ear_descriptions[pca1]); break; case FEATURE_TYPE_FACE: sprintf(desc, "%s with %s features", desc, face_descriptions[pca1]); break; case FEATURE_TYPE_SCAR: sprintf(desc, "%s with %s", desc, scar_descriptions[pca1]); break; case FEATURE_TYPE_HAIR: sprintf(desc, "%s with %s", desc, hair_descriptions[pca1]); break; case FEATURE_TYPE_BUILD: sprintf(desc, "%s with %s %s frame", desc, AN(build_descriptions[pca1]), build_descriptions[pca1]); break; case FEATURE_TYPE_COMPLEXION: sprintf(desc, "%s with %s %s %s", desc, AN(complexion_descriptions[pca1]), complexion_descriptions[GET_PC_ADJECTIVE_1(ch)], race_list[GET_REAL_RACE(ch)].family == RACE_TYPE_DROID ? "finish" : "complexion"); break; }

More
17 Jan 2013 13:49 #1363 by zusuk
Yeah try this, replace your top sprintf with this:
Code:
sprintf(desc, "a %s %s", genders[(int) sex], pc_race_types[(int) race]);

And then right below where it has the case FEATURE_TYPE_COMPLEXION:
Code:
case FEATURE_TYPE_COMPLEXION: sprintf(desc, "%s with %s %s complexion", desc, AN(complexion_descriptions[pca1]), complexion_descriptions[GET_PC_ADJECTIVE_1(ch)]); break;

Let me know if that helped or not.

Website
www.luminariMUD.com

Main Game Port
luminariMUD.com:4100

More
17 Jan 2013 18:35 #1364 by Nerian
I had actually done that very same thing, which didn't change anything still doesn't show the gender or race in front of the pca1 description

More
18 Jan 2013 07:32 #1368 by zusuk
Hey I'm going to be gone for 2 days, so I cant take a more in-depth look at this moment.

I'll have to take a look again, I think it was working fine on the copy I have.

Website
www.luminariMUD.com

Main Game Port
luminariMUD.com:4100

More
18 Jan 2013 14:45 #1371 by Nerian
no worries...not in a rush

Time to create page: 0.236 seconds