Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Worn containers

More
13 Dec 2018 14:15 #8263 by Sascha
Worn containers was created by Sascha
I've done a search but can't find what I'm looking for, so here I am... :)

I don't know if it's a bug or if someone can expand on this, but when you wear or hold a container (such as a backpack, sack, belt pouch, cloak, sheath, etc.) and you want to put or get something from it, you have to remove it so it's in your inventory only. Then you can interact with it, and then you put it back on or hold it.

Anyone want to, uh, fix containers that are worn?

Will you stand against the coming Storm? After the Breaking: STORMRIDERS MUD - atbmud.dune.net port 4000

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Dec 2018 14:56 #8264 by JTP
Replied by JTP on topic Worn containers
To me It's working perfectly. If Im going shopping with my packpack, Then i need to get If OFF my back to put my groceries in it. And Then put it on my back again.

Would be kinda spooky If i could get stuff and put stuff in my backpack when It's on my back.

More
13 Dec 2018 16:00 #8265 by Sascha
Replied by Sascha on topic Worn containers
I hear what you're saying. Let me illustrate how it's working in my game environment. And hopefully this is amusing because I've had way too much coffee this morning so my brain is pinging everywhere... ;)

Say you are out and you stop to buy a coffee. You reach into your pants pocket to get your wallet but... wait. You can't do that. You have to take off your pants. But unless you can levitate objects, you can't hold your pants to get your wallet out of the pocket. So now your pants are on the counter, the table, or the floor. Now you can reach into your pants pocket to get your wallet. Hold on, though, you can't be holding your wallet while you take your money out to pay for your coffee. You're standing there, pantless, with your wallet now on the table/counter/floor, while you get money to pay for your coffee. You pay for your coffee, and you have to put your change into your wallet which is on the floor/counter/table. Great! Now you can put your wallet in your pants pocket, where said pants are on the floor, counter or table. And then, voila, you can put on your pants. Meanwhile the cops have been called, but whatever... :)

Or you have a sack lunch. In the lunch is an apple, a sandwich in a baggie/wrapper, and a bag of chips. You can't hold that sack lunch to get the apple out. You have to put the sack lunch down. Now you can get the apple out to eat it. You want the sandwich? Hold on there, you have to take the baggie/wrapper out of the sack that you're not holding, and then put the baggie/wrapper down, then you can get the sandwich out of the baggie/wrapper, then you can eat the sandwich. That bag of chips? Heck, just put that on the nearest surface and smash it open at that point, and don't forget, you can't hold the bag of chips and reach in to get a chip and eat it.

While you're carrying your grocery bag don't try to reach in and get that candy bar from it. You have to put it down. Then you can get the candy bar out.

If I'm wearing a backpack, I put it on one shoulder to unzip it and retrieve what I want or, at worse, I remove it from my back and I hold it in one hand while I get whatever I need. If I have a purse I'm going to be holding it if it's small, and if it's large I'm slinging it across my body or it's on my shoulder and I can still get into it. Wearing a coat? Heck yeah, I don't have to take it off to get my gloves from my coat pocket.

See why I'm asking?

Will you stand against the coming Storm? After the Breaking: STORMRIDERS MUD - atbmud.dune.net port 4000

More
13 Dec 2018 16:28 #8267 by JTP
Replied by JTP on topic Worn containers
Yea, i Can see for some it might be different. In my World you would mostly have a backpack or a sack of coins hanging in your belt.

Wallets and pockets in pants isnt my thing :)

More
13 Dec 2018 18:20 #8270 by WhiskyTest
Replied by WhiskyTest on topic Worn containers
Before anyone loses their pants over this, I have a snippet which will help. Its part of a ranged combat mod I've been plodding away on. For quivers. I just need to extract the right parts

More
13 Dec 2018 18:26 #8271 by Sascha
Replied by Sascha on topic Worn containers
LOSES THEIR PANTS! *bahahahahahaha*

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds