Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question 2 word trigger arguments

More
11 Feb 2014 23:42 #4691 by aredcloak19
Hi everyone,

I have recent got around to the building another trigger and I have a question about doing multiple word arguments. I want to do a house go <player's name> command. I tried, but I don't think that you could do a two word argument. Is it even possible?

I'm the one that people say, "How did you break this and what did you do to break it."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2014 14:36 #4694 by Rumble
Replied by Rumble on topic 2 word trigger arguments
It is, I believe HELP TEXT-VAR has some examples on how to parse a string.

Rumble
The Builder Academy
tbamud.com 9091
rumble@tbamud.com

More
12 Feb 2014 17:06 #4696 by aredcloak19
I mean like in the trigedit arguments place you can do a %speech.contains(house go)%?

I'm the one that people say, "How did you break this and what did you do to break it."

More
12 Feb 2014 23:27 #4697 by Rumble
Replied by Rumble on topic 2 word trigger arguments
Yes, that would be the easiest way. The example I was pointing you to in HELP TEXT-VAR was trigger 53 which allows you to parse multiple arguments and you can check for abbreviations etc. But if you are looking for an exact match use contains.

Rumble
The Builder Academy
tbamud.com 9091
rumble@tbamud.com

More
13 Feb 2014 05:52 #4698 by aredcloak19
Ok, Thanks Rumble. Also for helping me figure out the trigger problem for my zone.

More
20 Feb 2014 02:31 #4705 by aredcloak19
Ok, I have another question related to using %actor.contains(house go)%.When I tried, It says that "You must be in your house to set guests." Also when I'm in the house, it says, "Um.. this house seems to be screwed up." Is there something that I'm doing wrong?

Time to create page: 0.258 seconds