Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question %at% Question

More
11 Nov 2013 01:19 #4467 by Papaya Pete
%at% Question was created by Papaya Pete
Here's a script I've been doing; a kobold who is attacked yelps and alerts his allies, who lie to the south. When they hear him yelling, they stand up and rush to his aid.

First script: the kobold who will cry for help.
Code:
Name: 'Alert Guards to South', VNum: [ 604], RNum: [ 4] Trigger Intended Assignment: Mobiles Trigger Type: HitPrcnt , Numeric Arg: 99, Arg list: None Commands: emote lets out a shrill bark, looking alarmed! %at% 618 %echo% A shrill bark is heard coming from the north. detach all %self.id%

Second script: kobold guards sitting in the next room.
Code:
Name: 'Guards Come to Rescue', VNum: [ 605], RNum: [ 5] Trigger Intended Assignment: Mobiles Trigger Type: Act , Numeric Arg: 0, Arg list: A shrill bark is heard coming from the north. Commands: emote scrambles to his feet and runs to the north! st north

I'm probably doing something wrong here, but the first script that uses %at% doesn't send it to the right room. It sends it to the room the kobold being attacked is located. I changed it to a %zoneecho%, which is... Ok... but the guards don't react to it at all. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Nov 2013 19:12 #4468 by krell
Replied by krell on topic %at% Question
1) Do you know that the yelp is sounding in the right room?
2) Have you tested that the guard's trigger is even firing?
3) Are your guards flagged SENTINEL?

From doc/building.txt

2) SENTINEL Mob will not leave the room.

More
11 Nov 2013 19:20 #4470 by krell
Replied by krell on topic %at% Question
Is your %at% target number the vnum of the room in which the guards are residing, or is it the vnum of one of the guards?

from help %at%

%at% <target> <command>
Using %at% will perform the command in the room where target is found.

More
11 Nov 2013 19:43 #4472 by Parnassus
Replied by Parnassus on topic %at% Question
I've found it easier to %goto% room, %echo%, %goto% first room.

It feels like cheating but its easier than trying to figure out what works and what doesn't :)

More
12 Nov 2013 01:09 #4473 by Papaya Pete
Replied by Papaya Pete on topic %at% Question
I've tested to see that it fires off. The vnum mentioned right after the %at% command is the vnum of the room with the helper guards. The helper guards are flagged sentinel, but you can force sentinel mobs to move if I remember correctly. It just keeps them from wandering around randomly.

I know the trigger goes off correctly because the echo will be sent to the room the yelping kobold is located.

Another problem: the guards who are supposed to leap to their feet are not reacting at all.

I'm going to test this a little bit more later tonight. Lately, I've been trying to work on balance and such and haven't paid much attention to this script.

More
12 Nov 2013 05:09 #4474 by Papaya Pete
Replied by Papaya Pete on topic %at% Question
Got it to work, using mgoto (%goto% doesn't work) and %force% instead of %at%.

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds