Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Trigger of the Day - Following Mob Assist

More
28 Jun 2013 14:04 - 07 Jul 2013 17:38 #3271 by Rumble
Code:
Name: 'Mob Following Assist Master', VNum: [ 39], RNum: [ 39] Trigger Intended Assignment: Mobiles Trigger Type: Random , Numeric Arg: 100, Arg list: None Commands: * By Rumble of The Builder Academy tbamud.com 9091 * Make following mob assist. if %self.master% set master %self.master% if %master.fighting% say I will save you Master %master.name% wait 1 sec assist %master.name% end end
If this was helpful please vote or leave a review for TBA.

Rumble
The Builder Academy
tbamud.com 9091
rumble@tbamud.com
Last edit: 07 Jul 2013 17:38 by Rumble.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jul 2013 00:01 #3292 by Maximus
Perfect timing on this. I was just looking for a way to make all pets auto assist by default.

More
04 Jul 2013 03:17 #3314 by Fizban
I'd recommend changing this line:

eval master %self.master%

to:

set master %self.master%

Especially if you plan to attach it to a ton of mobs.

More
16 Apr 2017 13:58 - 16 Apr 2017 14:04 #6628 by Sascha
I've been working with this and for some reason, this trigger won't execute for me. This is what I see when switched into the mob (who is following) when its master is under attack. It would like to assist but it can't identify the master, apparently:

Tester tickles an enormous bear as she pierces him.
An enormous bear mauls at Tester, missing wildly!
a bear cub>

No one by that name here.
Tester pierces an enormous bear.
An enormous bear mauls Tester.
a bear cub>

Tester barely pierces an enormous bear.
An enormous bear mauls Tester.
a bear cub>

Will you stand against the coming Storm? After the Breaking: STORMRIDERS MUD - atbmud.dune.net port 4000
Last edit: 16 Apr 2017 14:04 by Sascha.

More
16 Apr 2017 14:38 #6629 by Rumble
Looks like it is working, you just can't find the target.
Are you in a dark room, is the mob blind, or is the wrong alias being used?

Rumble
The Builder Academy
tbamud.com 9091
rumble@tbamud.com

More
17 Apr 2017 15:21 #6630 by Sascha
It's setting the variable(s). I was switched into the following mob (a bear cub) so I could see what it sees/does. The testing room is not dark, and no mobs are blinded.

This is usually the time when I start to reverse-engineer potential issues - that's the way my brain works. I tested quite a few things with no results, and then got to this: It wants the keyword(s) to be exactly the s-desc for this to work. In this case, the s-desc is 'an enormous bear' and the keywords were 'enormous bear mamabear'. As soon as I changed the keywords to 'an enormous bear mamabear' this trigger worked.

That's somewhat inelegant because now a player can type 'look an', and it sees the bear instead of 'look enormous', 'look bear', or 'look mamabear'.

So yes, the trigger works but is there a way to get around it wanting to match the entire s-desc to the keywords? Or am I only halfway there to figuring this out? :)

Thanks so much!

Will you stand against the coming Storm? After the Breaking: STORMRIDERS MUD - atbmud.dune.net port 4000

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds