Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Drag(*)n Ball: MUD

More
06 Aug 2014 00:20 - 06 Aug 2014 00:24 #4980 by Liko
Drag(*)n Ball: MUD was created by Liko
Well, since the last Dragon Ball Z mud I was working on closed, I decided to do one myself.

Drag(*)n Ball: MUD. I am developing it closely to the manga and some anime concepts. What does that mean? Well there will be no GT. It's not cannon. I'm still up in the air about movies. Tho Dragon Ball: Battle of the Gods is cannon.
Also brings up the closed Dragon Ball MMO which is considered cannon and set 200+ years after Dragon Ball Z.

I have a general idea on what I want to do with the mud story wise. I am currently focusing on features. I will be using this thread to post updates and general things. I hope you enjoy.

Here is the start up screen which I decide to do:

Sincerely,
Liko

Randian(0.0.0)
Owner/Developer
Last edit: 06 Aug 2014 00:24 by Liko.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Aug 2014 05:12 #4987 by Liko
Replied by Liko on topic Drag(*)n Ball: MUD
Update:

Gold has been converted to Zenni. Zenni is used in the Dragon Ball universe as its currency.

Powerlevel has been added. It is not a hard stat, but more as a formula. It factors in the players kili, current ki, and current hp.

Kili stat has been added. Kili is the measurement that judges a person powerlevel. Kili is factored in the players powerlevel. You can see the kilimod factor with kilimod.

Comma support added.

Rsay is added. Rsay is the role-play channel. I am going to encourage heavy role-play. I am even tempting to add a role-play special currency that will let you buy equipment and items. Only reason I haven't added it I feel it would be a disadvantage to non role-players.

Norole toggles the role-play channel on and off.

I know this is a lame update and I still haven't added any races, skills, and other things. So far it's been mainly recoloring, updating commands, and stuff like that. I promise they will get better.

Randian(0.0.0)
Owner/Developer

More
08 Aug 2014 01:08 #4990 by WhiskyTest
Replied by WhiskyTest on topic Drag(*)n Ball: MUD
Do you have it hosted anywhere that we can log in and poke around?

More
08 Aug 2014 10:52 #4991 by Liko

WhiskyTest wrote: Do you have it hosted anywhere that we can log in and poke around?

There is nothing at the moment. I wiped everything and have been slowly stripping and adding things. It's not even ready for building as I plan to update the OLC a tad bit. I am debating if I want to stay with the current stock combat system or convert it to turn-based.

Randian(0.0.0)
Owner/Developer

More
08 Aug 2014 19:57 #4992 by WhiskyTest
Replied by WhiskyTest on topic Drag(*)n Ball: MUD
How do you envisage turn-based combat to work?
Is that like the game waits for you to pick a move/attack/something-cool for that combat round?

I've converted the stock combat to use mud-events in my project which was fun :)

More
08 Aug 2014 21:26 #4993 by Liko

WhiskyTest wrote: How do you envisage turn-based combat to work?
Is that like the game waits for you to pick a move/attack/something-cool for that combat round?

I've converted the stock combat to use mud-events in my project which was fun :)

Right now I'm thinking of something maybe like old JRPG turn based.

Combat: <attack/skill/item/flee>

Tho since this is Drag(*)n Ball. Skills like dodge, block, and counter will be passive abilities. I'm just wondering if it doesn't sound to lame. Also, group battles, and stuff like that.

Randian(0.0.0)
Owner/Developer

Time to create page: 0.245 seconds