Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question World question

More
31 Aug 2013 22:30 #4219 by Cblake
World question was created by Cblake
Is the stock world all linked together?
i.e. can you walk thru the whole world without having to use magic to move from area to area? I mean, are all the areas linked up as one world or a bunch of little worlds on thier own? is there a map of the known world as is?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Sep 2013 00:04 #4220 by Rumble
Replied by Rumble on topic World question
help teleporter:

Usage: teleport <zone>

The teleporter is used to transfer players between zones. Accessible zones
are listed under HELP ZONES by being CAPITALIZED. For example to teleport to:
74 Newbie GRAVEyard -- Jojen 3- 5
type: teleport grave
The teleporter may also be used to recall back to Midgaard at any time.

Uncapitalized zones are linked through a capitalized zone.

This should probably be posted somewhere more visible. like the imotd

Rumble
The Builder Academy
tbamud.com 9091
rumble@tbamud.com

More
01 Sep 2013 00:38 #4221 by Parnassus
Replied by Parnassus on topic World question
It's also on the teleporter itself. Look teleporter.

I think it's expected that any new muds would want to choose an assortment of areas so there's a very large pool to choose from. I expect that if I were ever to start a mud, I would use less than a quarter of those offered. I think there are four or five starter towns in there, for example. However, the quarter I choose would probably be different than the quarter you choose. There are builders training at TBA who kindly donate areas of varying expertise but I think it's very generous. Even the areas I don't want are sometimes useful for data, hints or examples.

This is different from the other bases I've seen who give many less areas but in a more easily used format.

More
01 Sep 2013 00:38 #4222 by Cblake
Replied by Cblake on topic World question
so it's not really laid out like a real world?
sort of good I guess, this way you can have different type of worlds and storys going on.
sort of like a WestWorld type of thing.
want to go mideval, go to mideval world.
want to play in space, go to space world.
want to play with the smurfs, got to the smurf world.
hmm, now there is a idea for a mud theme.
Too bad we can charge credit to play in different worlds.
there is a idea for a system of area portals.
You appear in a magical hallway for portals.
on the walls you see pictures depicting the world that portal gos too. before each portal is a gate turnstill.
with a card accepting slot on the front.
Where Do You Want To Go Today?

More
01 Sep 2013 00:46 #4223 by Cblake
Replied by Cblake on topic World question
I would just like the older style mud worlds that sort of linked together to make a world. like remember majormud for majorbbs and worldgroup? it was a whole world. you schlept thru valley and plaines and forests and desert. course thou, it was all one story. like a middle earth or something.

More
01 Sep 2013 01:05 #4224 by Parnassus
Replied by Parnassus on topic World question
If you wander around Midgaard, there are some zones attached. I don't remember how far it really goes though. That's probably the closest to what you're looking for. A lot of Kaan's zones seem to be losely attached too but I think its not very accurate since some of the crossing places seem to be very sudden.

Typing LINKS in Midgaard show that it's linked to Sewer, Haon-Dor, Miden'Nir, Newbie Zone, Chessboard and Redferne's Residence. Haon-Dor is linked to Arachnos, Orc Enclave and River Island of Minos. Miden'Nir is linked to Dwarven Kingdom, Moria, King Welmar's Castle and Three of Swords. This is pretty basic with maybe a few minor changes. It's pretty similar to what you'd find by downloading a few different mud bases.

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds