Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Closing and Taking Stock Areas Off the Grid

More
20 Jun 2013 00:43 #3176 by Maximus
Is there a quicker way to set all areas as closed and off the grid, aside from going through each area one by one and doing it for all 180 or so stock areas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jun 2013 20:36 #3185 by thomas
Just delete the files in /etc/world

More
20 Jun 2013 21:50 - 20 Jun 2013 21:54 #3186 by krell
It might be safer to copy your index files in lib/world in each subdirectory to something like index.old and remove the entries from the original index files you no longer want and then see if your MUD will restart
Last edit: 20 Jun 2013 21:54 by krell.

More
24 Jun 2013 19:44 #3238 by Maximus
The reason I wasn't trying to remove the areas entirely was because I had read the sticky thread at the top of this forum and agreed that there is really no need to remove them. I also want to still have the message boards and postmasters and other objects that I can use for my new areas, so I don't really want to delete them, I just want to make it so the players can't teleport there or see them on the areas list. I just wasn't looking forward to however long it would take me to go through each area one by one and set the flags. It would be awesome if there was some sort of toggle in cedit or something to close all stock areas, but it is beyond my skill to make something like that.

I might just do have to do as you suggested, but keep a few selected world files that have the example mobs, objects, and triggers that I want. It will be a lot easier to set the flags on a half dozen or so areas rather than all 180.

More
14 Jul 2013 01:11 #3426 by Parnassus
You could probably go into the code and make the grid-flag mean off the grid. Then you would just need to remove it the ones you want to keep. I don't know if I would do this though because its just weird. :)

What I actually do is write a text file like:
at x100 zedit
at x200 zedit
at x900 zedit

Then I copy and paste this between each line:
f
grid
q
y

I then ctrl-h the x to change it to a space. I copy and paste it all into my client which runs it while I ctrl-z to get the x back which I then ctrl-h to 1 and so on. A lot of the zones won't exist but I find it faster than checking which zones do.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maximus

More
14 Jul 2013 20:46 - 14 Jul 2013 21:02 #3435 by Rumble
I do something similar to Parna. I keep a text file of all zones with text before and after each zone number. Then I use a text editor to replace all to customize it how I need. So I took my old one and used replace all to do what you want. zedit;#;f;4;0;q;y. The text file is attached. I think it includes all stock World files but I may have missed one or two. Let me know if you find some and I'll update.

Attachment zones_grid_remove.txt not found

Rant: The flag name GRID annoys me. It should really be called OPEN.

Rumble
The Builder Academy
tbamud.com 9091
rumble@tbamud.com
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 Jul 2013 21:02 by Rumble.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maximus

Time to create page: 0.225 seconds