Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question example quests ?

More
02 May 2020 20:03 #8664 by humbletang
example quests ? was created by humbletang
Hi there,

I recently cloned the gitrepo and built the mud to find that there are tons of built in areas, but no quests. Did I miss something? I'd love to know if there's a place I can find examples of quests that have been built by people in the process of going through the builders academy.

Cheers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 May 2020 23:51 #8665 by Rumble
Replied by Rumble on topic example quests ?
Not many people have used the quest editor unfortunately. There are more examples in triggers, check out "vnum trig quest"

Rumble
The Builder Academy
tbamud.com 9091
rumble@tbamud.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: humbletang

More
06 May 2020 17:38 - 06 May 2020 17:41 #8667 by Papaya Pete
Replied by Papaya Pete on topic example quests ?
I've used it a little bit on my side project: fetch quests, hunt down x number of mobs, find and rescue a mob, and so on. I've even used triggers that are set off when you are done with a quest. What is it that you wanted to do? Were you looking for inspiration/brainstorming fuel? I ended up just looking over "qedit" and messing with it. Ah, and I almost forgot; you can also link quests together and put level/quest prerequisites, reward xp/gold/an item too.

Edit: if you want an example of something in particular, let me know. I have had a hard time justifying spending time on this hobby lately, but helping someone else would push me to put something together.
Last edit: 06 May 2020 17:41 by Papaya Pete.
The following user(s) said Thank You: humbletang

More
10 May 2020 18:53 #8695 by humbletang
Replied by humbletang on topic example quests ?
Hiya thanks for replying to me! I'll test out that command in game.

More
10 May 2020 18:55 #8696 by humbletang
is there any examples in the drive folder linked in the downloads button in the top right of this page? I haven't had much luck searching the folder for "quest" related bits.

More
10 May 2020 18:57 #8697 by humbletang
Hi there!

Yea I was looking for inspiration, and a set of them to see what was possible in general. I wouldn't ask you to dump time into this for me just yet =D, its not clear how much time I'll be spending either with all the craziness going on.

I'll check out qedit though!

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds